January 17, 2018, 11:57:33 PM
News:

Studio Southeast and Friends

Author Topic: Nascar & other motorsports  (Read 10342 times)

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
Re: Nascar & other motorsports
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 05:08:14 PM »
I went to my first Nascar race last weekend.  The noise and seeing cars go 4 wide into the first turn was fantastic. I was lucky to see  on stage interviews with Danica Partick, Ricky Stenhouse Jnr and Sam Hornish Jnr.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:22:02 PM by Roman »

Offline Quad Runner

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 05:40:44 PM »
Thats awesome Roman ! and I love the mouintains they have in the background at Fontana , its cool that Tony Stewart won that race , he won the Atlanta race I went in september .

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 05:44:37 PM »
I think the announcers said after his win on Sunday there is only 2 tracks that Tony Stewart has not won at - and one of them is Vegas!!

Offline Quad Runner

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 05:52:01 PM »
right now Im just hoping that anyone other than Jimmie Johnson wins the Championship LOL

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 03:36:27 PM »
I agree but I was watching him into turn one and he was a standout for consistency and pace. Jimmie will be hard to beat in the Chase.

As I type this Sprint Cup qualifying is on my TV from North Carolina. The Nascars went east and I went west  ;D

Offline JMD

• StudioSoutheast
  • Administrator
  • When in doubt try another hole
    • Studio Southeast
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »
Been a long time since I’ve been to a race. Sure doesn’t appear to be many people in the stands. Nice pictures BTW.

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 06:02:46 PM »
Sure doesn’t appear to be many people in the stands. Nice pictures BTW.
Oh those pictures were taken when I first arrived early on Saturday. My guess of the crowd for the actual Sunday race was 60000.

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 12:57:23 AM »
I would like to see the Nascar season finish the week before NFL starts.  But that's not going to happen. Anyway its all going to happen at Homestead tomorrow for the title decider. Who will win? Johnson, Hamlin or Harvick. I want to see Hamlin win.

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 12:38:58 AM »
Well Hamlin lost, he wasn't even close in the end. That result combined with my NFL team losing and my CFL team losing made it a dismal day.  But there's always next year!  Just 12 weeks until Daytona LOL

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 02:04:21 AM »
Only 4 days until the Budweiser ShootOut at Daytona and then the following weekend its will be go for the 500.

Offline racerx1964

• Model Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 11:42:17 PM »
1964I don't know how many of you live in the south, or at least close-ish to Talladega AL. But that has to be one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I mean the camp grounds where I've been staying when I go down there has anywhere from 25 to 30 thousand people in it. That's more than most of the small towns I've lived in most of my life. The really amazing thing was, I never witnessed any altercation between any one while camped out there. After the race is another story,but I'm just saying. You wanna see some awesome racing and have the time of your life, DEGA is the race for you. Not to mention the thousands of not so hot to hot women that attend this race just for the party. Just saying, you wanna do yourself a favor? Attend The spring, and fall race at Talladega in 2012. You wont regret it. I've been to several NASCAR events, and I must say, this takes the cake. Try it or don't, But I know where I'm gonna be this spring. RACERX1964
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:46:11 PM by racerx1964 »

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 03:56:45 AM »
1964I don't know how many of you live in the south, or at least close-ish to Talladega AL. But that has to be one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I mean the camp grounds where I've been staying when I go down there has anywhere from 25 to 30 thousand people in it. That's more than most of the small towns I've lived in most of my life. The really amazing thing was, I never witnessed any altercation between any one while camped out there. After the race is another story,but I'm just saying. You wanna see some awesome racing and have the time of your life, DEGA is the race for you. Not to mention the thousands of not so hot to hot women that attend this race just for the party. Just saying, you wanna do yourself a favor? Attend The spring, and fall race at Talladega in 2012. You wont regret it. I've been to several NASCAR events, and I must say, this takes the cake. Try it or don't, But I know where I'm gonna be this spring. RACERX1964
Talladega sounds spectacular - certainly different to the track I went to which was Auto Club Speedway (Fontana, California).  The banking at ACS is 14 degrees but at Talladega it is 33 degrees!!  This year the spring race at Talladega is on May 6.  The 2012 Daytona 500 is on February 26 but 8 days before that is the non-championship Budweiser ShootOut.  My prediction for the Sprint Cup this year is Carl Edwards - I see that Carl will not be competing in the Nationwide series this year so he will be fully focused on the Sprint Cup.

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 01:16:23 AM »
Only 5 days until the Budweiser ShootOut at Daytona - 2012 style - and then the following weekend its will be go for the 500!

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 04:42:10 AM »
I have seen race cars have accidents with safety vehicles before, but I have never seen anything like Montoya's accident at Daytona.  He crashed into a safety truck which had a jet engine mounted on its rear to blow away debris. A lot of jet engine fuel was spilled and it ignited.  Thankfully Montoya and the safety crew escaped the explosion and inferno without injury.  Flames went 25 feet up - it was a great job by the firefighters to extinguish the fire even though it seemed to take a long time.  The rear tyres of the safety truck were burned off so the officials needed a backhoe to remove it.
Congratulations to Matt Kenseth for winning his second Daytona 500.  Now the season is underway.  Next stop is Phoenix, then Vegas, Bristol, and the track I have been to, Fontana!

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 03:41:34 AM »
Tony Stewart won today's race at Fontana, just like he did 18 months ago when I was there!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon