January 20, 2018, 04:51:10 PM
News:

Studio Southeast and Friends

Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Brittany Marie

• Model
    • Brittany Marie
Gas Prices
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »
I have to do a paper for my econ class and I would love your input. What are some of the things that you are doing to help with the burden of high gas prices? (ex. carpooling, taking the bus, not traveling as far for vacations, couponing, etc) All the input and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Offline SBV1971

• VIP
  • I love Flawless Beauties....
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
Gas prices have certainly affected my family's travelling plans. We just take shorter trips that don't use up so much gas. I hate that, because I like to go places, but for now short trips will have to do. I hope that helps Brittany. Good luck on your paper...

Offline Quad Runner

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
Everyone needs to ride motorcycles !!! ... 60mpg will piss off the oil companies !

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:19:26 AM »
I live in outer suburbia and things are spread out.  So I need a car!  I don't use buses or trains because my home and the office are not in good locations.  The way I have tried to ease the fuel burden is the type of car.  I made sure my first car was small, I bought it in 2001 which was before fuel prices really started to go up.  I bought my current car in 2010 and made sure it also had decent fuel mileage.

What I really want is an electric car!!  I am disappointed the auto industry has been so slow in developing hybrid and electric cars.  Computers, phones, tablets, internet etc have come so far with technology but cars have not.

Finally I am now seeing progress being made with electric cars and their battery.  Here is an example:  http://www.eta.co.uk/2012/03/08/renault-launches-%E2%80%98cheap%E2%80%99-zoe-electric-car
Hopefully that will be the next car I buy.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon