January 20, 2018, 04:37:00 PM
News:

Studio Southeast and Friends

Author Topic: Kennedy  (Read 4082 times)

Offline sbr45

• newb
Kennedy
« on: February 12, 2010, 12:57:08 AM »
The Kennedy error is ending.  The last member of the Kennedy family is giving up his seat in the house of reps after the Nov's election.  If you like them or not, it has been 60 years since there were no Kennedy's in office at the national level.  It truly is the end of an error.  I guess the highest ranking family member in office will be Arnold...Though that is by marriage, and not even the same political party.  Therefore, not sure if that really counts.

Offline Roman

• Roaming Aussie
  • Global Moderator
Re: Kennedy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:25:28 AM »
I guess the highest ranking family member in office will be Arnold...Though that is by marriage, and not even the same political party.  Therefore, not sure if that really counts.
Yes California Governor Arnie is married to Maria Shriver. Maria was born in 1955 so she had JFK as a living uncle for 8 years. Maria was a journalist and still is a shining star of the Kennedy family. I remember seeing Maria fill in on the NBC Today show in the 1990s and I had no idea she was married to Arnie!

Offline Badwolf

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:26:06 AM »
If you told me Arnie could be US president in 1985 i'd  laughed at you,but now it looks a slight possibilty.
Of course his health is in question and would be 7years at best before he could become pres.
But Arnie is an go getter so so bet not daft.

Offline kram231

• Model Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »
Sorry-Arnie can not EVER become President of the USA (unless we change the constitution)  There are 3 rules to that must be followed in order to run for President.  They are:

1. You must be at least 35 years of age.
2. You must be a natural born U.S. citizen (Arnie is Austrian)
3. You must have lived in the U.S.A. for 14 consecutive years.

While 2 out of 3 aint bad, it is legally impossible for him to become President!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon